International Salon and Spa Academy
International Salon and Spa Academy has been a well-established, successful training institution for Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetics, Nail Technicians and Hair Stylists since 1971. Veteran-led since 1999.
With thousands of graduates, our dedication to the enhancement of the Health and Beauty Industry coupled with our commitment to our students is why we are the most comprehensive Cosmetology school in Colorado Springs!
Nationally Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS), our education system is designed to take students above and beyond the basic skills. Our highly qualified staff will provide you with the knowledge you need to prepare you for this ever changing, creative, multi-billion dollar industry.
Our Salon and Spa student area offers real-world, practical experience to our students while providing an upscale Salon and Spa environment to our community. We take pride in every service our students deliver and every service is under the direct supervision of certified instructors.
Why Choose Us
International Salon and Spa Academy provides a “Success University” course that will give you the confidence tools you need to grow a clientele, recommend products, customer service training and what referrals mean to you and your success.
PANDEMIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In order to safeguard our students, staff, and guests, we have adopted the mantra:
Trust the Process, Follow the System and Observe the Protocol
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- All persons entering building must wash hands at designated handwashing stations
- Classroom surfaces are sanitized/disinfected after each class
- Door knobs and other common surfaces are disinfected every hour
- Clean pens are used by one person and then set aside to be disinfected
- Regularly scheduled breaks during class for mandatory handwashing or sanitizing
- The material and tools used in the classroom are unique to that classroom to minimize cross contamination
- 6 feet apart entry line to come into building to accommodate 50 persons at one time
- One-way entry and exit doors separated by partition
- 50% capacity in each room
- Tables and chairs spaced at 3 to 6 feet
Personal Protective Equipment
- All students, staff, and guests must wear a mask before entering the building and at all times while in the building
- Each student is provided a face shield for performing services on guests as required
- Disposable capes are used on guests
- Students must pass a Health check questionnaire before entry to building through an application on each student’s phone
- Guests must complete and pass the CDC Questionnaire upon entry to the building
- Every person’s temperature is taken upon entry, and must be below 100.4
- We observe a Travel Ban. Any person traveling out of the state is required to quarantine for 14 days with no symptoms or complete a negative COVID-19 test before returning to the school
- A quarantine room is available for isolating students who become symptomatic during the school day
- Cameras are located in every classroom and hallways to monitor and record social distancing
- Cameras record movement to provide contact tracing
- Radios for staff communication re: distancing, cleaning, etc
- Touchless soap and paper towel dispensers for bathrooms and handwashing stations
- Additional tables and chairs for social distancing
- CourseKey monitors student’s health through a CDC COVID-19 questionnaire before arrival at school
- CourseKey Touchless time tracking for students through their phones
- CourseKey Geofence for tracking students’ location in the building
- Turning Technologies provides paperless exams
- KlassApp shows paperless progress reports and provides communication
We follow the pandemic guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control, the El Paso County Health Department, Executive Orders from the Colorado Governor, the Federal Department of Education, The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, the Veteran Administration, the Colorado Department of Higher Education, The Division of Private Occupation Schools, the Community College System, and the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies. Our Safety Precautions are subject to change per the above-mentioned agencies.